I’m Zahra Atashgahi. Currently, I’m a Ph.D. candidate at University of Twente, Data Management & Biometrics (DMB) group. During my Ph.D., I focus on Deep Learning and, particularly, sparse neural networks. I seek to develop algorithms to solve different tasks efficiently in terms of computational costs and data requirements.
Machine Learning, Sparse Neural Network, Deep Learning, Cost-efficient Neural Networks, Time Series Analysis, Feature Selection, Anomaly Detection, Continual Learning, Healthcare
- 09/2022, Our paper, “Where to pay attention in sparse training for feature selection? “ has been accepted at NeurIPS 2022.
- 07/2022, Our paper, “A Brain-inspired Algorithm for Training Highly Sparse Neural Networks” got accepted for publication in Machine Learning Journal (ECML-PKDD 2022 journal track). Find more information here. (paper, code)
- 04/2022, our tutorial “Sparse Neural Networks Training” has been accepted at ECMLPKDD 2022 conference. Find more information here.
- 02/2022, I’ve been accepted as a Student Visitor at University of Cambridge, van der Schaar Lab, under supervision of Prof. Dr. Mihaela van der Schaar. This 3-month research visit will be starting as of November 2022.
- 01/2022, Our paper, “Deep Ensembling with No Overhead for either Training or Testing: The All-Round Blessings of Dynamic Sparsity” has been accepted at ICLR 2022. Find more information check here.
- 09/2021, Our paper, “Sparse Training via Boosting Pruning Plasticity with Neuroregeneration” has been accepted at NeurIPS 2021. Find more information check here.
- 07/2021, Our manuscript, “Quick and Robust Feature Selection: the Strength of Energy-efficient Sparse Training for Autoencoders” has been accepted for publication in Machine Learning Journal (ECML-PKDD 2022 journal track). Find more information here. (paper, code)
For more news check here.
|May 2020 - present||Ph.D.||University of Twente|
|Oct. 2019 - Apr. 2020||Ph.D.||Eindhoven University of Technology *|
|Sep. 2017 - Sep. 2019||M.Sc.||Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic)|
|Sep. 2013 - Jul. 2017||B.Sc.||Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic)|
* My PhD started at the Eindhoven University of Technology; after a few month I moved to University of Twente together with Dr. Decebal Mocanu, my Ph.D. supervisor.